The pub took its name from the manor of Ravensbury and was also known as the Blue House. During the Medieval period, jurisdiction over the parish of Mitcham was divided between four manors: Biggin & Tamworth to the north, Vauxhall (Phipps Bridge to Commonside West), Mitcham Canons and Ravensbury to the west.
A pub for all
Control than passed to the Bidder family during the 19th century. The pub was next to the Blue Houses, and so was also known as the Blue House pub. These blue houses were possibly built to house workers who built the Surrey Iron Railway at the beginning of the 19th century. The original wooden building was replaced by a mock Tudor one in 1906.
Restaurant and nightlife
In late 2015 the pub was transformed into what it is today and has still kept the name as a legacy of how important the public house was throughout the centuries.
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.